Career opportunities in Global Sustain Group
Global Sustain Group is hiring Sustainable Finance Director:
Position Type: Permanent / Full time (one year probation period)
Location: London (UK), Berlin (Germany) or Athens (Greece)
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Director will lead the Group’s projects in Sustainable Finance including but not limited to:
- ESG services to corporations (equity), when it comes to addressing ESG performance (related to banking/credit products and investors’ and ESG rating agencies' demands)
- ESG services to asset managers, when it comes to developing and reviewing ESG Strategy/Policy and PRI signatory compliance
- Training, capacity building and special projects for Multilateral Development Organisations like EBRD, IFC and IDB
- Advisory work to financial institutions for developing sustainable products (i.e. sustainability-linked loans, sustainable trade finance facilities, etc).
- Developing and monitoring Environmental & Social Management Systems (ESMS) for financial institutions (banks and private equity funds)
- Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) assignments pursuant to performance requirements of funding organisations like IFC, EBRD and IDB
- Τraining and capacity building for internal Global Sustain executives on sustainable finance.
- Representing the Group in international initiatives the Group is committed to like PRI, TCFD, GRI, Global Compact and Social Value.
- Participate/address national and international conferences and forums representing the Group.
The role is international and considerable traveling will be required in Europe, North Africa and Middle East/Asia. This is estimated at about 30% of this role’s time (approximately one week per month).
Global Sustain Group offers permanent contractual agreement, including:
• Monthly salary (14 salaries per year)
• Social security contribution
• Benefits including:
- Domestic and international travel costs
- Mobile telephone bill
- F&B per diem
• Bonus scheme commensurate to the Department’s performance and annual targets
• Participation in Group’s Annual Bonus Schemes:
- Best Employee of the Year (one salary bonus)
- Group’s Annual Financial Targets (one salary bonus)
The Director will be assigned one junior consultant (full time) to assist with administrative and other issues that the department will require, and the Director will receive appropriate training, guidance, project portfolio update and knowledge sharing.
The Director will have an annual allocated budget for the Department and be responsible and accountable for meeting annual targets and the department’s P&L performance.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume, motivation letter and expected monthly salary at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Director, Sustainable Finance”. Position to be filled up immediately.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Global Sustain Group
- Global Sustain Group is hiring Sustainability Advisory Consultant:
Job Title: Sustainability Advisory Consultant
Position Type: Permanent (one-year probation period)
Location: Athens, Greece
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The candidate will work on numerous sustainability projects including strategy development, corporate non-financial reporting, benchmark reports and research, stakeholder engagement, materiality analysis, social return on investment appraisal, responsible (ESG) investing and sustainability training among others. The candidate will also be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, preparing proposals and quotes and presenting them to prospective clients. The candidate will support Global Sustain activities by collecting and analysing information on target markets, establishing potential contacts and contributing to the attainment of the business objectives. The candidate will report to the Sustainability Advisor and Project Manager.
The candidate will most preferably be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in Management Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or Environmental and Social Sciences, with a proven track record in sustainability advisory and a minimum of three years’ experience, preferably within the sustainability services industry. Widely accepted professional certifications and post graduate studies in corporate responsibility and sustainability will be an asset.
Excellent project management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication and presentation skills are essential prerequisites. The candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated and results-driven professional with strong quantitative and analytical skills, capable of operating effectively alone as well as part of a team, with experience in engaging at the C-suite level.
Candidates with working knowledge of sustainability, corporate responsibility, accountability, business excellence and assurance frameworks including GRI, Global Compact, ISO 26000, AA1000, Sustainable Development Goals, ISAE 3000, EFQM, will be preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
Essential Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Undertake sustainability projects providing outstanding client service.
- Meet annual business objectives, developing relationships with clients.
- Collaborate with Global Sustain departments including Business Development, Stakeholder Relations, Marketing and Communications to carry out projects.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships, competitive services and optimize existing methodologies that increase opportunities to engage new business.
- Initiate and sustain advisory business opportunities between existing and potential Global Sustain stakeholders.
- Professional competence
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and organising
- Quality assurance
- Entrepreneurial mind set
This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded and aspirational professional to join a company that can offer progression, development and a platform to work on some of the most innovative and exciting sustainability projects. Candidates should have real passion for sustainability within the advisory environment and be up to date with all latest regulations, trends, products and services within the sustainability industry.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop our sustainability advisory practice that is focused on making the difference for our members and clients as they navigate this agenda.
Global Sustain offers an attractive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and experience, continuous training and professional development and the opportunity to join a fast-growing organization. Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com quoting “Sustainability Advisory Consultant - Athens” in the subject. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Qualified short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
About Global Sustain:
Global Sustain offers innovative professional services related to sustainability, corporate responsibility, responsible investing, green economy, business ethics and excellence, transparency, human rights and accountability. Its mission is to create awareness, inspire and support companies and organizations in sustainability, through advisory, communications, networking and training, guided by the people-planet-profit concept. Its members include corporations, non-governmental and non-profit organizations, municipalities and local authorities, academic institutions, media, professional bodies, service providers, chambers, think tanks and other public or private entities. Global Sustain owns the popular daily updated portal www.globalsustain.org, it is active in social media, offers advisory services, produces multi-stakeholder publications, a comprehensive e-newsletter, facilitates networking among members (M2M), organizes events and the ESG & Sustainable Finance and Sustainability Forums, a training, networking and professional development event, supporting companies and organizations in formulating and executing their sustainability strategy. Global Sustain is a signatory to the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and TCFD and a GRI Data Partner and Gold Community Stakeholder and a member of the CEO Clubs. Global Sustain maintains offices in Athens, Berlin and London and has presence in Brussels, Nicosia and New York (for more info please visit: www.globalsustaingroup.com | www.globalsustain.org | www.esgconference.com | www.sustainabilityforum.gr).